August 29th, 2010 12 comments
This was a problem because:
- I need extended permissions, and it’s a song-and-dance to get those using the REST API
- The authentication UI from REST may present checkboxes to the user for extended permissions.
Users don’t check boxes. They click “I agree”…
- The REST API is deprecated.
So I wrote my own. PhFacebook is an embeddable MacOSX framework to easily access Facebook’s API.
- Uses Facebook’s new ‘graph’ API internally, handles OAuth in a WebView for you and returns JSON strings.
- Comes with a sample application to show you how to use it.
- Supports extended permissions.
- Localized in English and French.
Find it on github. MIT-licensed.